Volunteer Advocate Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must complete application and provide 4 references other than relatives.
- Must participate in a pre-training interview, and pass KBI and DCF background checks.
- Must participate in 30 hours of initial training and 6 hours in-service training annually thereafter.
- Must observe two court hearings.
- Must demonstrate an ability to be objective.
- Must respect confidentiality of all parties.
- Must be sensitive to issues of cultural diversity.
- Must be committed to serving as a CASA volunteer for a minimum of one year.
Volunteer Advocate Time Commitment
Approximately 3 hours per week.
Volunteer Advocate Training
Volunteer training (30 hours) is generally conducted three times a year. However, applications are accepted year round. To be considered for the next training class, please submit your application soon. Space is limited.
To apply to become a volunteer, please fill out the online application, or print and complete the printable forms, and send the to:
Douglas County CASA, Inc.
1009 New Hampshire, Suites A & B
Lawrence, KS 66044
If you have further questions, contact us at (785) 832-5172 or email us at email@example.com.
Won't you join us and speak up on behalf of a child?
Printable Volunteer Advocate Forms